After attending a Koinonia weekend I have heard many people ask how much we get paid to do this. One answer I heard was, ”You couldn’t pay me enough to do this. I do it as a volunteer because I love this ministry.”
The Bible says, “We are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago” (Ephesians 2:10 NLT).
The Greek word for “masterpiece” is “poema.” It’s the word we get “poem” from. God says, “You’re my poem. You’re my masterpiece. I don’t want you copying somebody else. I’ve put gifts in you — heart, abilities, personality, and experiences — and I want you to use them.” You have worth because of what God says about you and has done for you. One way to serve God could be to hold a position on our Continuance Board. It is just as the name implies. A group of Koinoians who want to preserve traditions and integrity and keep this outreach running smoothly. Always seeking God for guidance.
We now have starting in January 2018 two open positions:
- Provides the Koinonia family with information of all upcoming events, to include: Ultreyas, Koinonia weekends, Palanka Parties, Rezo de Sabado, etc. This communication is made through e-mails.
- Twice a year a newsletter is sent out, usually before each Koinonia weekend, which contains pertinent scheduling information of events and may also contain maps, weekend registration forms, positions available on the Board, team lists, participant names and addresses and/or address changes. This position is responsible for distributing the newsletter via e-mail and submitting the newsletter to the website administrator.
- Shall record the votes and keep the minutes of all meetings and proceedings of the Board
- Serve any required notice of meetings of the Board
- Perform such other duties as required by the Board
You’re not just wanted. You’re needed! The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 12:4-6, “There are different spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit gives them. There are different ways of serving, and yet the same Lord is served. There are different types of work to do, but the same God produces every gift in every person” (GW).
Contact any board member if you are interested.
Sandy Bernhardt / Chairperson~
If you are interested in finding out more information about the Continuance Board or positions please reach out to any board member for more information. We would love to have you serve on the Continuance Board when a position becomes available.
We have 10 board positions that serve for terms of three years each. The board positions are staggered so we have new board members joining every year!